Gramps Web allows tagging people in photographs, similar to Gramps Desktop, linking the person and the media object. This is simplified by automated face detection.
To tag a person in a photo, follow these steps:
- Open the detail view of the media object, e.g. by clicking on "show details" in the full-screen preview.
- Click the blue edit button in the bottom-right corner. If you do not see this button, your user does not have edit permissions.
- Overlayed on the image, you will see boxes with dashed border corresponding to detected facial regions. To tag a person, click on the box to highlight it and click tge "person" button to select an existing person.
- To manually draw a rectangle instead, click the button
- To delete an existing tag, select an existing rectangle (with a solid border) and click the button